Hey everyone, it’s time for our 2nd Annual Pasadena Strawberry Festival Throw-Down Cook-off! This year, weather permitting we will have it at The Square Outside Of Campbell Hall on February 16th. If there is inclement weather like last year, we will make a committee decision and put it under the Ag Arena. Check-in will start at 8am that morning. The entry fee is $50 per team. That will give your team about a 10’x20’ spot. Thanks to everyone that participated last year and making this a successful and fun event. This is all about showing off your creative cooking.
The entries for this Cook-off are as follows; Tacos, Pork Chops, Between a Bun, and Cook’s Choice One Pot Meal. The One Pot Meal will also be judged by the public and the winner will take the People’s Choice Award. We are adding a new category this year for a Jackpot Category. The Jackpot meal is Surf and Turf. It is $25 dollar entry fee for the Jackpot, and will be winner take all. Electricity and water is limited, there are some outlets outside of Campbell Hall if we have it there, but will be first come, first serve. Water is available if needed inside of Campbell Hall. This is a Throw-Down, not a Hoe-Down. We would like confirmation (entry paid) by January 26th, 2019.
Teams can have up to 4 cookers, but you can invite as many people as you want to come out. Again, there will be a cooks meeting the morning of the cook-off to discuss any questions or concerns. Also, you may email or call Jimmy Church at email@example.com and 832-248-1494 if you have any questions before the cooks meeting. We can’t wait to see you all there!!
Tacos – 10:00 AM, Between a Bun – 11:30 PM, Cook’s Choice One Pot Meal – 12:30 PM, Pork Chops– 2:00 PM, Jackpot Category Surf and Turf- 3:00 PM Awards in all categories will be announced at 4:00 PM.
Rules for entries:
- Each team must have their own BBQ pit. No axle or trailer mounted pits will be allowed to cook turn in food. Pits on small wheels for dragging purposes will be allowed. Any pit in question will be determined in or out by the Cook-off committee chairperson.
- All food must be cooked with charcoal (wood) or on a propane cooker. No electric BBQ pits will be allowed.
- All meats must be raw when you show up. You may marinate after check in.
- Each member of the team must be present at the time of the entry that they have prepared for their team.
- Nothing other than the entry is allowed in the entry container except the entry. This includes but is not limited to; no markings on or in the box, no utensils. Garnishments will be allowed for the Between a Bun and Tacos category only. No garnishments of any kind are allowed on the other entries. If it is not the entry then do not put it in the box. Containers for entries will be supplied by the committee at the cook’s meeting as well as taco stands for the Taco entry.
- Each entry must have enough food for 5 judges.
- Meal in a Pot; you may cook anything in a pot, as long as it is onsite.
- Please clean up your area. Do not leave any coals hot or not. There should be no trash on the ground when you leave your area. Trash boxes and can liners will be provided for each spot.
- Any team that has not paid their entry fee by 8am on January 26th will be charged a $10 late fee.
The Pasadena Strawberry Festival reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations.